Friday, June 28, 2013

Guess what Amelia did today...

She pooped in the potty!!!  I can hardly believe that she actually did it! 

Amelia has been very curious about the potty, but we have not pushed her actually potty training yet.  Several people advised me to wait until she was two and had more language, so I have just let her sit on her potty whenever she asks.  She likes to sit and read her potty book but nothing has ever happened.  We have come close to tee-teeing in the potty, but that hasn't happened either.  This afternoon, Amelia grabbed her behind and said, "poop" and then, "potty" and ran to the stairs (her potty is in her bathroom upstairs).  I grabbed her and ran up the stairs to the potty.  I took off her diaper and sat her on the potty.  When she stood up to look in the potty, there was poop in it!  I got super excited, and I think she was a little scared.  She wasn't sure what was in her potty because nothing had ever been there before.  She looked at it, said "poop", and then ran over to get some toilet paper.  At least she didn't try to grab it!  I showed her how there was poop in the potty in her book and there was poop in her own potty and then we had to take pictures. :)  Then, we had to say goodbye to the poop.  She wasn't thrilled about this, but I showed her that we had a picture.  She was able to flush the big potty and say bye-bye.  She immediately asked to see her poop picture.  We called Daddy to share the big news, and he was super excited, too! 

I do understand that this may not happened again for 6 months, but we are celebrating this milestone today anyway.  Now, I just need her to tee-tee in the potty, too.

I took a more graphic picture, but I don't think that's appropriate to share.  Enjoy these picture of such a milestone moment...


She knows that I took a picture of her poop and wants to see it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com