Saturday, June 22, 2013

Two Years Ago Today

This day is one that I have truly looked forward to celebrating - Amelia's 2nd birthday.  It is exciting to celebrate her first birthday with us, but it is also a time where I reflect upon her birth and the unknowns that are associated with it.

Two years ago today, my precious girl was born, but she was also abandoned.  We are keeping what we know of Amelia's story of her abandonment and finding private, but I will share with you that throughout her story, God was with her.  His protective hand kept her alive while He guided a postal worker to find her.  I am so grateful for the postal worker that saved Amelia's life and brought her to safety.  If I had known about him while we were in China, I would have asked to visit the post office to thank him.

As for Amelia's birth mother, I do not know the reasons why she was unable to keep her for her own.  It might have been because Amelia was a girl or because she was born too early.  Whatever the reason, a decision was made to leave her.  If it were the birth mother who made the decision, I am guessing that it would be the most difficult choice of her life but one that she felt she had to make.  I have no idea if she knows what has happened to the child that grew in her womb, but I pray that God will give her peace on this day.

There is also another person that I am thinking about today.  She was not there for Amelia's birth story, but she was there for all of the days after - Amelia's nanny.

These are the earliest baby pictures we have of Amelia.  It breaks my heart to know that she was in an orphanage for so long, but I am so grateful that she was loved and cared for by her nanny the entire time she was there.  Her nanny wrote a sweet note for Amelia which we have had translated.  She speaks of Amelia's personality and the hopes and dreams she has for this precious child.  We were fortunate enough to be able to meet her, and we keep a framed picture in Amelia's room of that visit.  I want Amelia to know that although she was in an orphanage and had to wait until we could come to China to get her, the nanny loved her very much and cared for her the best way that she could.  Please pray that this nanny will have comfort knowing that Amelia is happy and loved.  We will continue to send emails and pictures to the orphanage to update her nanny.  I want them to know that we adore Amelia and are so thankful for her.

Please keep these three special people who were such a big part of Amelia's short life in China in your prayers today. 

1 comment:

  1. Keri, this brought tears to my eyes. We may never know the whys and hows of Amelia's first days, but it is obvious that she was surrounded by love from the start. You and David are blossoming as her parents, and the love you three share is so evident in your photos and your blogs. I can't wait to meet Amelia in person!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com