Friday, May 31, 2013

Lunch Date

Amelia and I had a lunch date with our friends Courtney, Lily, and Micah at Sumo today.  Micah was Amelia's friend in the orphanage.  They shared the same room but not the same nanny.  We were so excited to be able to meet him while in Chongqing and send Courtney pictures of him.  Courtney is a director at Camp Winnataska, so before she headed to camp for the summer, we decided to get the children together for a lunch date.  We had a great lunch and wonderful visit.  We took some precious pictures of the two together.


After we ate, we decided it was time to leave, but we wanted to stop by to see the fish.  I was standing by Amelia when all of sudden, she was somersaulting into the water!  I couldn't believe my eyes!  I dropped my things and pulled her out of the water.  Amelia had actually tried to pet a fish and had fallen in!  She cried and clung to me because she was scared.  Praise the Lord that she wasn't seriously hurt and that he gave me the ability to stay calm during emergency situations.  She has a bump on her head from hitting the rocks, but it could have been much worse.  Fortunately, Courtney had a beach towel in her car, so we dried Amelia off the best we could.  After a few minutes, she was running around with Micah and Lily and wanting to see the fish again.  I had to sit down because the adrenaline rush was leaving me shaky.  Amelia was soaked from head to toe, so we weren't able to make a trip to Costco (her favorite store).  Instead, I stripped her down and put her in the car to head home.  As I drove home, I called David to tell him what had happened.  He laughed and said he had to share this story so he couldn't talk to me anymore! 

Just a note: For those of you who have young children, Kobe does not have bars that go all the way down the railing like Kobe.  They can easily decided to swim with the fish and there is nothing to hold them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com