Monday, May 20, 2013

Horses!

This morning, Amelia and I went out and about with my friend, Becky.  We ran around to a few places, lunched at Bella's, and then went to introduce Amelia to real live horses.  Becky is very involved at a barn near our house and said we should stop by and see the new baby horse that was just born.  I thought it was a perfect opportunity for Amelia to see an actual horse in person.

On our arrival to the barn, we saw a horse getting a bath and two more waiting their turn.  Little dogs were running around, and Amelia decided that she wanted to be held.  Past the barn, there was a pasture full of horses and another that had ponies.  There were a few ponies that were just a little taller than Amelia.  We were told this was the best place to let Amelia touch a horse.  With much encouragement, she finally decided to pet a pony on his head.  Then, he sniffed her, and she didn't want to be so close any more.  She went to the fence on her own a few times to look, but she would quickly run back to me when a horse moved or made a noise.  The baby horse was inside the barn with its mommy.  Amelia liked watching the little guy run around and hide behind his mommy. 

I was only able to take these 5 photos, because my precious child wanted to be held when she was close to the horses.  I thought she did great!  We were invited back this summer and told that Amelia could RIDE a pony if we were willing to try!  Daddy will have to be with us to witness an actual pony ride.  I can't wait to see what Amelia thinks about sitting on a horse...




The pony started to move closer, so she came running towards me.

Watching from a safe distance

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com