Wednesday, April 30, 2014

WHY???

Amelia has officially hit the "WHY?" phase of life.  I expected it after she turned three, but it has arrived early.  I would like to share a funny conversation Amelia and I had tonight.

Amelia: "What are you doing, Mommy?"

Me: "I'm cutting up vegetables for dinner."

Amelia: "Hold me, Mommy!"

Me: "I can't right now, Amelia.  I'm using a knife to cut vegetables, so I can't hold you right now."

Amelia: "Why, Mommy?"

Me:  "I need to cut vegetables to cook for dinner."

Amelia: "Why?"

Me:  "So that we can have something to eat."

Amelia: "Why?"

Me:  "We need to eat so that our bodies can grow to be big and strong."

Amelia: "Why?"

Me:  "That is how God made us."

Amelia: "Why?"

Me:  "I don't know, Amelia.  You will have to ask God why."

(Imagine Amelia's next response in the completely dramatic voice of a two year old)

Amelia: "WHY, JESUS!  WHY!!!!"

Yep.  This is where we are right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com