Thursday, March 28, 2013

Passing on a Memory

Last night, I made creamed potatoes for the first time since we have been home with Amelia.  It was the perfect opportunity for me to pass on a memory from my childhood with Amelia.  When I was younger, my Nannie would make creamed potatoes with her Kitchen Aid stand mixer and let us lick the paddle.  It was a race to see who would ask for it first and be able to have the joy of having a special treat that no one else had.  When David and I got married, I HAD TO HAVE a Kitchen Aid stand mixer of my own so that I could make creamed potatoes, too.  I told Amelia this story and let her have the paddle.  She couldn't get enough of it.  She wouldn't touch it herself at first (she was trying to get me to give her a cookie).  Then, she grabbed the paddle and got potatoes on her fingers, so the very neat and clean child that she is wanted me to hold the beater while she licked the yummy goodness.  She can't stand having her hands messy.  :) Here are a few photos to record the memory:








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com