Friday, February 15, 2013

It's Actually Sunny!

For Valentine's Day, David and I took Amelia to Stone's Throw.  It is the restaurant where we went the night we received Amelia's referral.  We also celebrated our last evening in the states as childless the night before we left for China.  They made us promise that we would bring Amelia to eat there when we came home.  We decided to celebrate Valentine's a day early.  It was also the night that David proposed to me 15 years ago, so it was a special night.   Amelia enjoyed her dinner, and the staff enjoyed Amelia.  She actually ate fried okra and liked it.  I can't say the same about beets or brussel sprouts though.  We had a wonderful time! 

Dinner at Stone's Throw.  I realized that I needed the flash.

This is what happened when I turned on the flash and took a picture.

I never did get a great picture of them together. :(

On actually Valentine's Day, Amelia and I took David to lunch and had a little visit at the high school.  That night, Poppy and PawPaw came for dinner.  I made taco stuffed shells and yummy desserts.  We all enjoyed our visit.  Amelia loved spending time with Poppy and was doing pretty good with PawPaw, too.  They stayed and participated in bath time, reading time, and bedtime.  Amelia cried when all four of us left her room, but I'm sure it was because she was afraid she was missing out on something fun.  She was asleep within five minutes of us leaving.  She had an exciting day.

Today was actually a sunny day!  Amelia and I ran a few errands this morning - Costco and Babies R Us.  After her afternoon nap, we took Bailey on a walk.  Amelia was actually able to wear her sunglasses. 


Amelia had a smoothie at Costco today and LOVED it.


She is waving to an older man who was sitting at a table behind me.

Amelia was excited to have her glasses on and to go for a ride.  Can you see that she is peaking over her glasses?  She is SO CUTE!  Thanks for the hippo, Mary Catherine.  She decided it needed to go on the ride.

Bailey enjoyed his walk very much.





Amelia is telling me that Bailey is WAY behind us.  She is pointing behind me and yelling "Bay!"

Sure enough...there was Bailey sniffing out a stop sign.

The ride is over and she is trying to get out.  She forgot that her seat belt was on and can't figure out why she can't get up.


I LOVE this smiling girl!  Isn't she the most precious thing ever?!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Keri, I love seeing the photos of your smiling girl and hearing about her adventures! Thank you for being so good to post things for us out of town relatives. Give Amelia a big hug from me please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying my best to get a post in at least once a week now. I will certainly give Amelia a big hug from you, Bunny!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com