Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Amelia's Big Day

This past Sunday, Amelia joined the church through the sacrament of Holy Baptism at St. John's Anglican.  The service began with a sweet adoption ceremony.  Our little family was called to the front, and David and I were pretty much pronounced married to Amelia. :)  We accepted her as our child to love and raise in the Faith and were pronounced a family at the end.  It was very special.

After the adoption service and the sermon, Amelia was Baptized.  She looked beautiful in her Christening gown and really did a great job.  It was much better than I expected.  She didn't cry at all but was a BIG wiggle worm and waved to everyone who was watching.  She was super cute.  After the service, we had a nice church luncheon.  This was Amelia's first church lunch (we a big pot luck lunch the first Sunday of every month), and she LOVED being able to do her favorite thing - EAT.  She enjoyed trying lots of new things.  She does NOT like green beans.  We tried them Sunday and each time, she would spit them out.  I also tried them at dinner last night with no luck.  Amelia had her first piece of cake - Edgar's strawberry- and was in Heaven.  She really is too precious for words.  Here are a few pictures that we took after the service.  I hope to be able to get more soon from a church member who took pictures with their camera.

Amelia is wearing her first smocked dress for the adoption service.




Amelia and Father Houser







I love this family picture.  It is now an 8x10 hanging on my wall.


Isn't she beautiful!  She wouldn't look at the camera, but church members were taking pictures next to us, so I am hoping that she was looking at them.

Playing pick-a-boo


On another note, if anyone tries (or has tried) to call or text and I don't answer, please don't take it personally.  My cell phone fell out of my pocket and into the toilet yesterday.  It is currently drying out in rice.  I have waited 24 hours already, but plan to wait until tomorrow before trying it.  Please pray that it works or Amelia and I will be headed to the Apple store...

I have also added airport pictures to"We're Home!".  Thanks to all who sent them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com