Tuesday, January 22, 2013

19 Months

Today, Amelia turned 19 months old.  Her personality is really coming out more and more each day.  We love her so much and are enjoying every minute watching her blossom.  Poppy came over today to play and take us for a girl's lunch.  Amelia loves her outings and was excited to go to lunch.  After lunch, she and Poppy played in the playroom while I began a sewing project.  David and I did not like the look of the new baby gates and thought they needed some improvement.  We also didn't like that the gates were so open.  I could just see Amelia poking Bailey's eye out and then Bailey biting Amelia's finger off in return.  We decided to cover the gates in a nice outdoor fabric (because babies and dogs are messy) and let them be a little more stylish.

Here are the before and after photos of the project.  I think they look much better (and safer for everyone).



 

Along with Amelia turning 19 months old today, she is also becoming a walker.  We are so excited to be able to experience this with her.  I took this video of her in the playroom today walking to me.  Last night, she took the most steps - 15 - that she had ever taken.  She was walking from me to David in her bedroom after her bath.  She was so excited!


Kari and Wren Whitaker brought dinner to us tonight.  I think Amelia enjoyed being with Wren in the playroom.  She thought dinner was fantastic and couldn't get enough of the beef and vegetable stew. 

Amelia went to bed an hour early tonight.  She actually fell asleep in my lap while I was reading her a book.  She woke up an hour earlier this morning (at 8:00 instead of 9:00), so I am thinking she needed the extra hour.  Tomorrow, we have our long visit with the International Adoption Clinic.  Wish us luck and say an extra prayer that she survives the doctor visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com