Saturday, September 13, 2014

Meet the Teacher, First Day of School, and Beginning Ballet

During the rough week of losing Bailey, we attended Meet the Teacher at Amelia's school.  Amelia was placed in Ms. Kelly's class.  She was VERY happy to have Ms. Kelly and to have one of her sweet friends, who also happens to be one of our neighbors, in her class. 




While attending Meet the Teacher, we were able to sign Amelia up for BALLET!  She is EXTREMELY excited about attending ballet classes.  

Amelia made sure ALL of the paperwork was in proper order for her ballet classes.


We prepared for ballet by purchasing leotards, tights, and tutus (all in the required ballet pink), but we had not been shoe shopping  yet.  Fortunately for us, Mrs. Laura came prepared with sample shoes, and we could order Amelia's shoes through her.



Our BIG 3-year-old is ready for school!
We prepared for Amelia's first day of 3-year-old preschool.  I had my phone out to take pictures of this momentous occasion.  Amelia wanted her pictures taken in front of the flowers at school.  I took 7-8 pictures and dropped her off.  After school, she wanted to see her pictures.  I handed her my phone and when she gave them back, there was only 1 picture left!  Amelia had DELETED all of the other pictures!  Of course the only one saved, she has her eyes CLOSED.  Here it is:


Anyway...Let's get excited about BALLET!  Amelia had her first ballet class this week.  Here are some precious pictures of my little ballerina.


This sleeveless leotard is Amelia's favorite.

Practicing her moves at home



Ready for class!





When I asked Amelia if she liked her ballet class, she immediately said, "It was good!  I had fun!"  I'm so happy to know she loves it so.  She also got a sticker.  When I asked why Mrs. Laura gave her the sticker, she said, "I obey Mrs. Laura".  That's my girl.  She knows how to obey and uses it in her vocabulary.  Can you tell we've been working on this?

Overall, it has been a great beginning of the new school year for Amelia.  She loves Ms. Kelly and is looking forward to more ballet classes with Mrs. Laura.  She is also about to begin swim lessons, so our schedule is getting busier!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com