Sunday, September 28, 2014

Happy 2-Year Referral Day!

Two years ago, we received and accepted Amelia's paperwork.  It was so fun to tell Amelia the story of how our case manager, Karla, called us with the good news while we were at work.  Amelia LOVES to come to work with me, so she seemed to understand who was involved in making sure I had a quiet place to talk to Karla and covered my students while I ran out the door.  It was a great day to reminisce about an event that is so vividly in my mind. 

It as also a bittersweet day.  As we were celebrating Amelia's Referral Day, we were also missing our precious Bailey.  He would have turned 14 years old.  After Amelia's first swim lesson, we took her to the restaurant, Stone's Throw, that we visit every year on September 26th.  They allow dogs in their outdoor seating, and we always took Bailey there to eat for his birthday.  Two years ago, we took Bailey to Stone's Throw and discussed Amelia's file.  We knew that she was our daughter and made the decision to submit our Letter of Intent to China.  This year, we were missing one of our family members at dinner.  I admit that I did teared up a little.  I miss my boy.

Here are some pictures of Amelia's Referral Day, first swim lesson, and dinner.

Happy Referral Day Pictures

Can you believe how much Amelia has changed?!  Yes, she requested to wear the tutu and chose to stand in her room in front of her books.


And she requested one in her swimsuit...
 First Swim Lesson




Amelia was VERY excited to wear GOGGLES!
 Dinner at Stone's Throw
Happy Referral Day, Amelia!  You are the best decision we every made!  We love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com