Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Polar Express

Way back in July, I ordered tickets to take Amelia on the Polar Express (technically North Pole Express) train ride in Calera.  We scheduled it for this afternoon, because I thought it would be a great way to spend my birthday.  Amelia has been so excited about riding the train.  For the past week, she has asked us "Mommy happy train ride?", "Daddy happy train ride too?", "Amelia happy train ride yea!", "Poppy happy train ride?", "Paw Paw happy train ride, too?".  Needless to say, she wanted everyone to be happy about riding the train.  Unfortunately, Aunt Sue, Uncle Leo, Ella, and Elijah were not able to come with us.  Ella and Elijah have been sick, and it was best for them to stay out of the cold weather.  We really missed them! 

Amelia had THE BEST TIME on the train ride!  She loved riding it, but she did NOT like when the conductor, the elves, or Santa and Mrs. Claus visited.  She cried when the conductor picked her up for a picture and clung to me or David when any of the others came close to her.  She did great with the Santa at the mall, but Amelia did NOT want this Santa near her.  When it came time for the train's return to the station, Amelia said "No thank you Mommy car" and refused to put her coat on.  She wanted "more train ride".  David has now decided that we should take the train to New Orleans so that Amelia can have a much longer ride. :)

Tickets in hand

Paw Paw and Amelia wait for the train

Big Hugs


Our train car

Still waiting to board


The conductor punches our tickets.

All Aboard!

Amelia is SUPER excited to be able to ride the train!

She tried several seats.

The conductor REALLY wanted to hold Amelia for a picture, but she said "NO THANK YOU!"

She cried and said that Mommy's lap was best.


Happy now that the conductor left us alone.

Amelia, Paw Paw, and Poppy


Checking out the North Pole



Not sure about the elves




Amelia didn't realize that Santa and Mrs. Claus were behind us.  She shook her head and said "NO!" when Mrs. Claus started talking to her.

Are they bringing cookies?!?!

YES THEY ARE!!!!




Amelia does NOT like chocolate milk, so we brought her a juice box instead.

Cookies are so good!

The elves delivered Amelia a present, but she didn't want it. :(


Bye Bye North Pole!
All of the above photos were taken with the new Nikon DSLR camera that David gave me for my birthday.  I wanted one before we went to China last year, but David didn't want us to carry around something so big and bulky.  I guess he was right, but I really love playing around with my new camera and all of the features.  Unfortunately, I realized once we left the train that I didn't get a family photo.  I don't know what my problem is with forgetting this everywhere we go.  I have got to get better about taking a picture of all three of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com