Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Decorating the Gingerbread House

While Amelia and I were in Costco a couple of weeks ago, I spotted a kit for decorating a gingerbread house.  The kit came with icing, candy, and a gingerbread house that was already built.  It seemed like the perfect project for Amelia.  All we had to do was add candy and a chimney.  I pulled the kit out tonight, and we got to work.  It was hard for Amelia to understand that the candy was not to eat.  We were decorating the house with it.  She was able to slip a few pieces of candy in her mouth that "fell" off the house.  Amelia's decorating was outstanding!  She would point to where she wanted to put her candy, and I would squeeze royal icing on it.  There were some times when I "suggested" where she put things like when I squeezed dots all over the roof and told Amelia to put whatever on them.  She had a great time and was very excited about her house.
 



Can you tell Amelia has candy in her mouth?


Amelia started laughing when I told her not to eat any more candy. :)





Did that fall off the house?  I better eat it...



Front

Side: I find it very interesting that Amelia chose ALL yellow gumdrops to go down the side of the house.

Back

Other Side: Again - Amelia used all of the pink gumdrops in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com