Monday, November 19, 2012

UGH!

Well, I was hoping that our paperwork would make it to the NVC today, and we could hopefully have approval tomorrow.  This would have made it possible for us to cable our Article 5 to Guangzhou.  Unfortunately, our paperwork has not made it to NVC.  It is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.  This means that we will have to wait until after Thanksgiving to get NVC approval and begin the China side of things.  I am VERY disappointed!  I have no idea what this means for travel time, but it looks like from my guesstimate that we will leave the week of Christmas.  I really wanted to have Amelia officially ours before the end of the year.  Now, we will have to pray that the adoption tax credit is renewed.  Otherwise, we lose out on the almost $13,000 credit that we were expecting to help with the adoption costs.  David has already written to our congressman, and I urge everyone else to please write to their congress people.  The adoption credit helps many families be able to complete their adoption processes.  Without this tax credit, many children may not be able to find homes because families may not be able to afford adoption.  Fortunately, David and I have been saving for a while and have all of our costs covered.  We were still planning on this credit since I will be taking off work for so long.  Please pray that the adoption tax credit will be renewed and that we will be able to travel to China quicker than I anticipate.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com