Thursday, November 15, 2012

Somewhere Between

Tonight, David and I went to see a viewing of Somewhere Between.  It is a documentary film that follows the life of four teenage girls who were adopted from China.  Hearing each girl's story was moving, and David and I had much to discuss on the way home.  While I was there, I saw many women from my mom's group and also others who I have met throughout the adoption journey.  I spoke with the doctor who saw Amelia twice on visits to China.  She seems to think that I have been viewing my pictures of Amelia incorrectly.  I thought the photo of her in the yellow pants was from the first visit, but it seems that the ones where she is wearing pink were from the first visit, and the yellow pants were from the second visit.  She is going to double check her file to make sure. 

I also met a couple whose son is in our daughter's same room in Chongqing.  David has known her for many years, but this was the first time that we had met.  God has really touched both of our families through adoption.  We can hardly believe that we both live and teach in Birmingham and that our children are in an orphanage together sleeping in the same room!  They will have a forever bond, and I am sure that God destined these children to live close together for a reason.  This family is still many months away from receiving their son, so please keep them in your prayers. 

David and I would also ask that you continue to pray for us as we finish up these final steps of our process.  Our visa paperwork should arrive at the National Visa Center tomorrow.  We really want everything to be approved by Tuesday night so that our visa information will be received at the US consulate in Guangzhou before their Thanksgiving holidays.  We are still hopeful that we will travel around Christmas to bring our Amelia home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com