Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Teenager in the House



You actually get two posts in one day, because it is a day of celebration for the Howard Family.  We are celebrating Bailey's 13th Birthday, and we are celebrating Amelia's Referral Day!
2002




Thirteen years ago, our precious boy made his arrival into the world.  He would not join our family for 10 months, but we celebrate Bailey's birth today.  I can hardly believe that he is 13!  I refer to him as "My Little Old Man", but he truly is getting old.  His doctor says he is in great condition for his age.  He has cataracts and a bad back, but there are no signs of major health issues or a heart murmur, which is common in Pekingese at this age.

2004
2005
2006
2007
2008
Bailey really seems to enjoy his new house.  I know he misses his old yard, but he loves to lay on the back porch for hours.  He likes to watch the neighbors and go on walks through the neighborhood and on the nature trail.  Bailey and Amelia have come to love each other.  They want to be everywhere together.  Bailey continues to love to ride in the car and goes with me to take and pick up Amelia from school.  He is still VERY protective of his home and will bark and sometimes attack feet of visitors that do not acknowledge him.  Bailey continues to be afraid of storms and is now showing signs of fear for the tone David's phone makes when he receives a text.  I have no idea where that came from, but Bailey runs to hide in the closet when he hears it.  He continues to love soft toys and soft treats.
2010
2011
2011
2012
2013

If you asked me when David and I married if I thought we would have two Chinese children, I would probably have laughed at you.  I can hardly believe how God has put our family together!  Bailey, I hope you have a very Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com