Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I-800

Today, I decided to call the National Benefits Center of the Department of Homeland Security to check on our I-800 paperwork.  I spoke with a very sweet officer who informed me that our paperwork had arrived and Amelia had been assigned an alien number.  She also told us that our file had not reached our officer's desk yet.  She predicts that our officer should get it tomorrow.  According to the sweet officer (yes, I do know her name but am not sure I should say it), the I-800 should take a couple of days to approve, and then they send it to the National Visa Center.  She gave me my officer's information, and I decided to email her a little note requesting that she let me know when our paperwork is sent.  Hopefully, she will let me know and I can check another step off of our list.  

Here is a picture of Amelia taken in April when she was 9-months.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com